- REDUCES YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
Eco-friendly packaging is better for the environment as it is made of recycled waste material which reduces the consumption of resources. Don’t focus only on your financial goals only but try to meet your environmental goals as well.
- EASY DISPOSAL
The type of packaging you use may vary but it should either be compostable or recyclable. If some of your customers or co-workers happen to have compost facilities then you can turn the waste packaging into compost. If the packaging is clearly labeled recyclable packaging then it can be thrown into your recycling bin for re-use.
Green packaging not only reduces your carbon footprint and environmental impact but is also beneficial after it has served its purpose as the packaging materials are biodegradable.
- VERSATILE AND FLEXIBLE
Eco-friendly packaging is pretty versatile and can be re-used and re-purposed in most major industries that involve packaging.
- IMPROVES YOUR BRAND IMAGE
Eco-friendly packaging creates a good impression of your company as this displays that you care about the environment as well as depicting that you are a responsible company. A recent study discovered that 78% of customers between the ages of 18-72 felt more positive about a product whose packaging was made up of recycled items.
- NO HARMFUL PLASTICS
Traditional packaging methods and materials contribute to global warming and other environmental issues. Using eco-friendly packaging allows you to reduce the amount of plastic that you use.
- REDUCING SHIPPING COSTS
Reducing your shipping costs reduces the amount of raw materials that are used to package the products and less packing materials leads to less effort being expended.
- CAN HELP SAVE MONEY
Paper shredders are a great way to properly discard of any waste packaging, making it easier for the packaging to bio-degrade much faster.
- EXPANDS YOUR CUSTOMER BASE
The demand for sustainable eco-friendly products grows everyday according to several global studies. All adults who were born after 1990 prefer to go eco-friendly and sustainability when it comes to making their buying decisions. Going green will attract more customers that will keep on returning depending on your attitude to the environment.
- IT CAN BE REDUCED, REUSED AND RECYCLED SUSTAINABLY
Most of the materials can be categorized in the 3 basic R’s of sustainability.
- Reduce: This focuses on using thinner and tougher materials which can do the same job with fewer materials.
- Reuse: There are a lot more products available that encourage their reuse such as boxes with a special coating to make them tougher. You can use the economics of taking advantage of reuse capabilities.
- Recycle: A lot more products are being manufactured with a larger percentage of them being made up of recycled materials which can be recycled easily as well and have been labeled as such. Most manufacturers do this as it allows them to minimize the impact of price increases on new or virgin materials.